Job Title : Sr Analyst, Clinical Specialty
Life-changers work here
Carefusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customer's ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges. Visit with some of our Life-changers here! www.youtube.com/carefusion
CareFusion Business Description
MedMined™ services from CareFusion provide automated infection surveillance tools proven to identify and help prevent Hospital Acquired Infections, ultimately facilitating hospitals’ efforts to save lives and reduce costs.
The Clinical Specialty Analyst will work with Product Engineering staff to implement systems that reduce hospital based infections, prevent adverse drug events, lower health care costs, and save lives. As part of implementation team, this position is responsible for Quality Assurance and implementation of the MedMined services for hospital operations throughout the country.
This position is typically responsible for and involved with the following duties:
Job Family Summary
- Review of clinical data to properly electronically classify data and to ensure clinical data quality assurance;
- Identifies streamlining and process improvement opportunities in the implementation process;
- Works with internal resources and nursing, pharmacy, laboratory, and IT personnel within a hospital to ensure accurate data receipt and representation;
- Participates in design reviews of user interfaces for implementation and data quality assurance tools;
- Maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non compliance, and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and company policies and procedures.
Clinical Specialty is responsible for providing quality, timely, granular and actionable data for selected operational and clinical metrics, as well as tracking and identifying trends for healthcare data and providing benchmark comparisons for healthcare providers.
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science degree in related field, graduate degree preferred.
- 3 years experience in healthcare
- Must have strong computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced/ expert level)
- Must have working knowledge of hospital systems such as Laboratory Information Systems (LIS).
- Knowledge of HL7 is preferred.
CareFusion is a medical-technology company that is currently a wholly owned subsidiary of Cardinal Health. We expect to become a separate...