Internews Europe & Internews Network, sister non-profit organizations with a consistent mission, plan to hold discussions to consider possible future operating models, including consideration of models enabling greater integration of the two organizations. The Facilitator: Inter-organizational Planning will facilitate a process of effective talks between Internews Europe and Internews Network resulting in a mutually acceptable outcome for a future operating model within an agreed timeframe.
Scope of Work:
- Advise and assist the principals to design the overall objectives, process and timeframe for undertaking the agreed scope of work.
- Oversee research into possible operating models used by other organisations that the principals may wish to consider, and oversee other ad-hoc research as deemed necessary during the process as and when specified by the principles.
- Facilitate the overall process, steering the key working groups and stakeholders before, during and after each working session.
- Plan the workshops: work with the principals to define the agenda, key questions to be addressed and desired outcomes for each session; design the methodology for each session; and work with the leads of Internews Europe and Internews Network to determine how to best to facilitate each session.
- Facilitate the sessions, expertly working to build consensus, help identify and resolve areas of disagreement, help to build mutual understanding and trust, ensuring that each session results in progress in line with agreed objectives and leads to defined next steps.
- Arrange documentation for use in workshops as necessary and document the outcome of each working session, feeding this back to each party; ensure that action items are followed up.
- As necessary, liaise with legal counsel in order to understand technical matters that may have a bearing on discussions and/or possible outcomes.
- To attend meeting in either Washington DC or London.
- Facilitator is expected to work in co-ordination with the technical advisor and to familiarise themselves with the terms of reference for the technical advisor.
- Several years’ experience in successfully delivering negotiation and mediation facilitation for multinational / governmental and/or non-profit organisations.
- Experience of advising international NGOs and familiarity with international NGO governance models is desirable.
- Knowledge of both UK & US operating environments and cultures would be advantageous.
- The successful consultant should have excellent soft skills.
Internews Network - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard