The Senior Linux System Administrator installs maintains, monitors, and documents IMP’s physical and virtual server infrastructure and ensures that capacity meets or exceeds operational objectives.
To be considered you must have solid intermediate to advanced Linux command-line experience.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Build and administer Linux systems and related applications in a production environment
- Some Windows Server Administration
- Use test environments to validate changes prior to implementing in production
- Maintain Citrix XenServer environment
- Set up and maintain user accounts on servers, computers, and databases.
- Support equipment in office environment
- Participate/Manage vendor relationships
- Supplemental support for LAN and WAN environment
- Assist in troubleshooting with other teams
- Ability for some travel
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed for emergencies or scheduled implementations
- Senior Application Support and Desktop Service Engineer
- Director of Networking and Telecommunications
- Application Development Team
- 3 years of Virtualization Experience (VMware, KVM, etc, but Citrix XenServer Preferred)
- 4-8 years’ experience of Linux System Administration
- Clear understanding that Citrix XenServer is a distinct product of Citrix Product family, and not a remote application delivery solution.
- Scripting language experience – Bash, PHP, Perl
- Troubleshooting abilities across OSI layer
- Basic Windows Administration Skills.
- Core Concepts of SAN administration: LUNs, Multipathing, Fiber Channel, snapshotting.
- Core networking concepts – switching, VLANs, WAN technologies, firewall policies, in-depth TCP/IP
- Linux Administration Skills
- Redhat or CentOS 5.x 6.x experience
- Ability to maintain and resize ext3, ext4 file systems
- Ability to manage file permissions with POSIX ACLs
- Ability to repair boot loader and rootdisk images.
- Yum package management.
- File replication techniques including tar and rsync
- Basic System Tools such as iostat, nmap, netstat, top
- Apache SSL, Proxy, and Load Balancing
- Java Application Servers – Glassfish, Tomcat
- SSH key administration
- Database Administration Skills
- Account Creating
- Backup and Recovery