Our History of Expertise & Quality Focus
eBioscience, Inc. was founded in June 1999 in the San Diego Golden Triangle, an area rich with emerging technology companies and close to the University of California San Diego campus as well as Scripps Institute. A collaborative environment that encourages employee development, the company offers a dynamic work environment in which people can learn and grow with the business.
A rapidly growing, fast-paced biotech company, eBioscience provides innovative high quality reagents to researchers worldwide that empower the process of scientific discovery in the areas of immunology, cell biology, stem cell biology and oncology. Product line applications include reagents for multicolor flow cytometry and immunofluorescence, functional assays, ELISA, and western blot. The organization is committed to developing and producing a large selection of innovative and commonly used reagents at high quality and great prices. Unique opportunities for talented and motivated individuals are available at increasingly rapid rates.
In 2009, eBioscience expanded our product offering to include the Diagnostics market and established regional headquarters in Europe with the acquisitions of a distribution company in Frankfurt, Germany and Bender MedSystems, GmbH (BMS), a manufacturing organization in Vienna, Austria.
An organization that values people, creativity and learning, eBioscience strives to achieve excellence while creating a challenging and fun work environment.
This position requires aggressively selling and promoting a rapidly growing portfolio of leading edge products for cell analysis to researchers in the life sciences community. The successful candidate will be capable of achieving the essential functions described below in their assigned territory. The territory for this position will be determined by the hiring manager and will likely include several states.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
In addition to building and maintaining an effective working relationship with customers, marketing and business development teams, this role will be specifically accountable for:
- Achieve the revenue objectives for the territory as provided by management.
- Identification and follow through with new prospective clients (cold calling will be involved).
- Growing revenue from existing and new accounts and from various types of accounts (industry, academic, government, etc.).
- Promotion of company products through in person visits, e-mail communications and trade shows/ conferences (50%+ travel).
- Present effective solutions to customers based on discussions centered around their research interests and needs.
- Gathering and communicating market intelligence on research trends, competitor activities/promotions, and research funding environment.
- Diligently following-up with prospects after onsite visits and industry trade shows.
- Proactively pursuing new promotion avenues through the procurement departments, flow cytometry core facilities, and departmental committees to increase client exposure to company products.
- Identifying new product and technology opportunities.
- Developing and cultivating relationships with key scientists at major academic, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- Maintaining excellent communications with customers and marketing team members to ensure optimal company-client relationship.
- Properly referring troubleshooting issues to company Technical Support team to assist researchers in resolving their problems.
- Liaising with inventory department to ensure customer backorder items are diligently handled.
- Providing reports of sales activities, market intelligence and gain/lost business when requested.
- Liaise with account procurement departments as appropriate, to address integration of electronic purchasing platforms.
- Contribute to the development of pre/post trade show/conference promotional campaigns.
- As the face of eBioscience to our customers, present a professional and responsible image.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in an appropriate science, Bachelors degree in the life sciences.
- Familiarity with the territory (NIH, MD, DC, VA, W.VA), and professional relationships with key customers in the region.
- Knowledge of flow cytometry and immunoassay products and reagents; excellent ability to communicate information about these products and reagents to research community.
- Excellent and cordial oral and written communication skills. Must speak clearly and write proficiently in English.
- Outstanding enthusiasm and energy to execute sales responsibilities.
- Ability to think creatively and overcome obstacles in achieving sales objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and staff with differing levels of education and expertise and from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple, complex sales negotiations.
- Willingness to travel and periodically work on weekends. Some overnight travel required.
- Ability to meet the Company?s employee handbook guidelines.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Work is carried out in a home office environment or in person client visits and will require frequent travel to different geography in the US. A mileage allowance is provided for travel to customer accounts and the airport. Additionally, reliable high speed internet access must be available in individual?s home office.
We offer an exciting, entrepreneurial environment and a competitive compensation package, including salary, plus performance bonus and benefits (medical/dental and 401k). Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Our company culture is creative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We are a right sized environment where you can stand out and make a difference.
eBioscience - 2 years ago
eBioscience produces premium-quality yet value-priced immunological reagents that give you optimal signal-to-noise in your experiments. Our...