Organization: Contract Management
Location: Hartford, CT
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
The Contract Manager provides on-site advice to Accenture's business/client units and project teams on contract management and policy compliance matters. They are responsible for initiating, tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintaining associated documentation. The Contract Manager uses standardized processes and tools to blend contract compliance with commercial know-how and practicality and focus on contract compliance and risk mitigation, protecting and enhancing margins.
They enable the management of government, international and commercial contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements.
The Contract Manager may manage more than one engagement or, alternatively, be full-time on a single engagement (depending on the size/complexity of the agreement).
With contracts becoming larger and more complex, expert commercial management practices take on an even greater prominence and Accenture's team of dedicated Contract Management professionals is leading the way. Indeed, the group's mission is to provide superior, consistent delivery against Accenture's contract commitments, safeguarding revenues, profits and reputation.
In October 2010,
Accenture was named the second-most-admired company in contract management in a survey conducted by the International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM), a non-profit foundation recognized as the international authority on the role of contracting management in the global networked economy.
You could join our international team of Contract Management professionals, each of whom works in an exciting and fast-paced environment as part of an extended client team. Contract Management professionals interact with any function or capability contributing to a client project, including Legal Services, Finance, Human Resources and Business Operations.
Because of this,
Contract Management professionals gain a "big picture" perspective and special insight into client projects giving them abundant opportunities to add value and contribute to the success of both Accenture and the client.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Responsible for consultation and escalation to a senior director, of contractual, business or CM positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner
- Responsible for implementation of CM processes
- Manages daily workload of assigned Contract Management personnel and project or business personnel assisting with the contract management function
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Acts as liaison between Accenture and clients/vendors
- Responsible for assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel adhering to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance
- Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
- Achieves a reasonable level of understanding of Accenture's major business areas (System Integration and/or Outsourcing) in order to communicate effectively with project Senior Executives and provide relevant advice. May provide training to Contract Management personnel
- May lead Tier 2 (Portfolio) or Tier 3 (Service Center) structures
- May lead small OG sub-teams in country/regions where each OG has less than five assigned Contract Management professionals
- Actively involved in regional and global Contract Management initiatives
- Minimum 6 years contract management experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4 years of contract negotiation skills
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
- Prefer post-award hands-on contract management experience. A mix of government and commercial experience for Public Services positions. Experience in the related industry for other Operating Group's preferable
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles
- Able to resolve contracts and pricing issues
- Able to advise and interact with all levels of management
- Able to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Certification a plus (i.e., CFCM, CCCM, CPCM)
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) membership or International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM)
- Experience with day-to-day management of complex outsourcing arrangements
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software, Outlook Email, Instant Messaging preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 23 months ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...