The Engineering Technician evaluates and manages pipeline projects relating to new construction, increasing efficiency, increasing capacity, or other projects relating to the improvements in overall performance of Chesapeake's pipeline facilities. Initiates well connect pipeline projects by preparing route maps, cost estimates, and any other necessary data for the preparation of plans and specifications to construct pipelines. Coordinates with the SCADA development team to add new features and assets to the SCADA system.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with Chesapeake's Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines - Minimum Requirements:
- Initiates and assists with the coordination of planning and construction of pipeline facilities by working closely with Facility Engineers, right of way, gas representatives, and appropriate field office personnel.
- Provides the services of project management for all projects by preparing project scope, costs and schedules. Coordinates projects with Midstream Area Manager.
- Coordinates with other departments in the implementation of the overall objective of efficient pipeline operation.
- Advises and supports management in the status of construction and operation.
- Attends meetings and conferences and researches, as necessary, to keep informed of technical developments.
- Apply skills and concepts to ensure data integrity, data reliability and data accessibility throughout the group.
- Responsible for organizing and updating production information as data is received.
- Compiling data, communicating, and provide information to engineers.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of available data applicable to business requirements.
- Assisting with regulatory correspondence as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
o Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
o Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
o Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
o Must be able to manage many tasks simultaneously and be able to excel in a fast paced environment.
o Must be regarded as a team player as well as a goal-oriented individual who functions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
o Demonstrates the ability to implement new ideas.
o Associates degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Math, Science or a related field; or equivalent work experience
o 0 - 3 years related experience
Chesapeake Energy - 15 months ago
Chesapeake Energy (named after the childhood Chesapeake Bay haunts of a founder) builds oil and natural gas reserves through the acquisition...