Sabre is a global technology company that touches nearly every aspect of travel. Our innovative software enables more than a billion people around the world to plan, book and experience their travel at a time and price that is right for them. By delivering the technology behind travel, Sabre is working magic behind the scenes every day to make the world a better place, one journey at a time. GENERAL
- Leads a team responsible for designing and engineering Linux Red Hat solutions to support a global infrastructure.
- Serves as a mentor for less experienced team members.
- Provides direction for entire project or a project team.
- Coordinates with and drives projects with datacenter, development and production staff.
- Manages outage and emergency situations with datacenter, development and production staff.
- Advises architecture, product development and production environments on technical hardware and software issues.
- Responsible for defining, designing and implementing new and updated hardware and software solutions for development and/or production.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of systems.
- Is primary contact for key applications and general knowledge resource for production and development environments.
- Prepares funding documents and recommends cost savings on an ongoing basis.
- Hands off system administration tasks to systems administration teams.
- On call support for 3rd level escalations.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years related experience Engineering and Design of Unix / Linux Red Hat solutions for new environments.
- Advanced understanding of specific technologies/systems such as UNIX, Midrange, Network and Computer Operations.
- Data Center design, migration and maintenance experience
- Previous supervisory experience is a large plus.
THE SABRE HOLDINGS PORTFOLIO OF COMPANIES includes Travelocity, Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, Sabre Holdings has approximately 10,000 employees in 60 countries. Our people take initiative, are resourceful and innovative, and are passionate about what they do. In return for their hard work and dedication, Sabre Holdings provides our employees with countless learning and growth opportunities, a healthy work-life balance and a fun, yet productive, work environment.
- Linux Red Hat, Solaris, HPUX
- NIS, LDAP, DNS, NFS, MIS
- HP Hardware
- Virtual Environments
Sabre - 10 months ago