Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category:
Technician/ Field Services
Job Title :
CLS Field Service Engineer, Lead
Type of Position:
Associates degree or equivalent Vocational/Technical school in electronics or a related field, and at least 8 years of job-related experience or equivalent of which 3 years being in maintenance and repair of flight simulator equipment. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Some positions may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
Possess a BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. Familiar with Windows XP/Vista/2000/Win7, FORTRAN, C/C++, UNIX (LINUX), "MOOG" electric motion systems, Medallion-S, "SEOS" or "VDC" visual systems, SW/PCIG, HLA, or Enterprise Network (SW/HW/ Ethernet / Firewire cabling ARINC 429 data bus) or equivalent. Experience with USAF training systems a plus. Possess a current Secret security clearance.
Position requires routine travel to current PMATS operational sites or upcoming sites
This opportunity is contingent upon award to URS of the Predator Mission Aircrew Training Systems (PMATS) contract, anticipated in October, 2012.
Functions as primary Field Services Engineering Manager for all CLS operations.
- Manages and coordinates schedules for PMATS installations specific to CLS support.
- Travels to and performs site surveys in preparation for new system installations.
- Coordinates deliveries of PMATS simulators, associated hardware and tools at the new operations site.
- As the CLS Manager, ensures all program personnel remain mission-focused and in compliance to support and maintain PMATS reliability and availability at or above the 95% rate.
- Ensures that CLS personnel are trained and records are documented and up to date.
- Serves as a single point of contact (POC) for day-to-day contractor CLS activities, including personnel administration, safety, security, and staffing practices.
- Reviews and disseminates program policies and directives and ensures compliance with PMATS contractual requirements concerning CLS operations.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...