Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $29 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,500 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
The Business Process Manger will work on design, implementation and management of Loss Draft functional deliverables across multiple sites. Deliverables could include: strategy, design, best practices, controls, metrics & analytics. The independent judgment required for this position is moderate.
· Management, communication and execution of broad Loss Draft project and process deliverables as determined by the VP of Hazard Operations and Services for Loss Drafts – on time, accurate, technically correct, with quantifiable results. Acts as a lead for Loss Draft processing owners across sites on how to apply, measure and manage deliverables to drive change and enable capabilities. Projects at this level would require experience and expertise on Assurant systems, processes and Client/Regulatory requirements
· Lead efforts to identify, enforce, and maintain Quality and Controls across Processing areas
· Cross-site process design, leadership and monitoring based on process assignments and business needs to support Loss Draft functional initiatives
· The manager will work with Loss Draft Directors, Managers, Account Executives, Clients and cross-functional project team members
· Project specific assignments will require interaction across sites and functions as needed for successful project outcomes. The position will provide specific project/process deliverables and requires management of assigned deliverables under the guidance of the Loss Draft Functional Director. Requires close work with all levels in the organization including external Client communication
· The manager will have direct accountability to the Loss Draft Functional Director for the projects and deliverables assigned that fall within the Loss Draft Functional teams area of responsibility. The Loss Draft Functional Director would assess performance at the completion of initiatives and discuss feedback with manager
· The manager will coach and mentor process owners on how to apply, manage and measure project/process deliverables
· Strong understanding of hazard insurance claims, systems, products and processes
· Foundational understanding/application of software programs — Minitab, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
· Training and certification in Six Sigma improvement approach and tools (Green Belt certification preferred)
· 3 - 5 years of Assurant systems and process experience (or similar applications)Proven results associated with leading and driving project/process implementations
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated through past experience.
· Proven experience in communicating across all levels of the Organization and Client base
· Strong time management
· Project management
· Ability to work independently and with multiple levels
· Demonstrated credibility and trust established quickly within projects
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results – goal focused
· Ability to overcome obstacles, think through plans a/b/c, etc.
· Strong communication and planning skills
· Positive attitude, willing to work for outcomes that benefit the business vs. person
· Collaboration skills
· assure project/process deliverables
Requisition Number: 33768
Assurant - 7 months ago
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...