Compete is recruiting an outstanding individual to join its Operations team.
The Senior Systems Administrator will focus on our enterprise solutions. This person will be responsible for network and systems implementation & maintenance. If you want to do something innovative and cutting edge, with opportunity to quickly grow your professional career, come meet with us.
- Responsibilities will include ensuring all systems and network devices throughout the enterprise are secured. Adhere to the ISO 27000 framework and enforce the Compete security program.
- Provide technical leadership over complex production systems and network projects, proven ability to manage technology projects and solutions.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of operating systems, server hardware, network devices, disk arrays, tape libraries and other components.
- VMware and HP blade servers design and maintenance, capacity planning of Virtual environments. Migration of legacy physical systems to virtual environment.
- Project/Solution Activities: Support goals by participating on project teams. Deliver on assigned tasks and action items.
- Works under minimal day to day supervision, proactively identifies solutions to obstacles, may provide direction to others around day-to-day completion of tasks and projects.
- Design, support and maintain networking and system environments including analyzing trends and planning for future.
- Troubleshoot production network and system problems and take corrective action to resolve the issue.
- Maintain relationship with users, vendors and IT/OPS/Engineering colleagues throughout the company.
- 8+ years in the Information Technology field working on a team and delivering technology solutions in a 24x7 environment.
- 4+ years within Linux and VMware environments
- 3+ years’ experience with basic networking with Cisco products
- Experience with automation of system administration tasks, using tools like puppet.
- Experience working in disaster recovery technologies, including tape and disk based backup solutions as well as data replication technology to remote sites.
- Excellent work ethic, dependable, self-motivated and a sense of responsibility.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business, must be on call and able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
Compete - 12 months ago