Job Listing Detail
*Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
Listing Number: 9565-1324
For more information contact:
4 North Haynes Ave.
Miles City , MT
Phone: (406)232-1377 2251
TTY: Montana Relay Service at 711
- OR -
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility
State Application Required:
$12.57 - $15.60
Additional Salary Information:
Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility (PHYCF) is the State correctional treatment facility for adolescent males committed to the Department of Corrections by the Youth Court. PHYCF provides clinical, nursing, education, recreation, group living and other services to treat the emotional, social and educational problems of these males.
**Training is provided for this entry-level position in a wide range of areas. If you are looking for a career-oriented position with advancement possibilities and a 20-year retirement package, this position has what you're looking for. Our Correctional Officers perform duties related to the care, custody and supervision of juvenile offenders placed at PHYCF. Applicants must be able to pass a post employment physical and be able to perform Nonviolent Crisis Intervention techniques and physical interventions including the use of physical restrains and participation on the Quick Response Team when necessary. Uniforms will be provided. Successful completion of a 6-month probationary period is required.
Eastern Montana offers a wonderful quality of life, a slow pace, and great places to recreate. We hope you'll consider applying to become one of our team.
The Department of Corrections is a tobacco free agency. Pine Hills Youth Correctional Facility is a tobacco free campus.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
Criminal History Background Check
- Supervises, monitors, and maintains awareness of the location of juveniles under his/her responsibility.
- Supervises, monitors, and coordinates daily juvenile routines (i.e. phone calls, showers, meals, details, school, etc.).
- Coordinates and controls juvenile movements in a timely manner according to established schedules.
- Observes, reports, records and intervenes on juvenile behavior to facilitate progress or treatment goals.
- Interprets and documents group dynamics and behavior.
- Selects and implements appropriate intervention(s) to allow positive learning experience for juveniles, while maintaining safety and security of the facility for juveniles and staff.
- Utilizes approved physical restraint techniques and nonviolent crisis intervention techniques in response to emergency situations.
A. Thorough knowledge of:
B. Ability to:
- prepare and maintain clear and concise records, reports and summaries.
- follow explicit oral and written instructions.
- act as a role model for residents.
- c ommunicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
The above knowledge and abilities are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or equivalent and one (1) year related work experience.
During the probationary period, Correctional Officers must successfully complete Orientation and Field Officer Training. Correctional Officers must successfully complete the Juvenile Correctional Officer Basic Training during the first year of employment.
Supplemental Questions: None Required
Additional Materials Required: None Required
State of Montana - 17 months ago