Recruitment Number 12-064EM , Information Technology Specialist V, SR-24, Honolulu.
Summary of Duties:
Serves as a senior specialist or team leader performing highly complex work of a technical nature in providing information technology (IT) services; and performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
Education Requirement : Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree.
Excess experience of the types and quality described below or any administrative, professional, analytical, technical, or other responsible work which provided knowledge, skills and abilities comparable to those acquired in four (4) years of successful study while completing a college or university curriculum leading to a baccalaureate degree may be substituted on a year-for-year basis. To be acceptable, the experience must have been of such scope, level, and quality as to assure the possession of comparable knowledge, skills and abilities.
Specialized Experience Requirement : Three and one-half (3½) years of progressively responsible work experience in information technology which involved the analysis, design, programming, security and access management, database design and management, consulting, and/or installing and maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, web or network infrastructure equipment. The work must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology principles, methods, techniques and practices; computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment; and personal computer, server, mini and/or mainframe operating systems.
*Note : For the IT Specialist IV and higher levels, at least one (1) year of the required specialized experience must have been at the fully-competent level comparable to the Information Technology Specialist III level in state/county government
Desirable Qualification: At least two and one-half (2½) years of experience in the design of telecommunications systems for information processing of data, voice (e.g. telephone), radio or video systems. Experience to have included traffic analysis, problem determination and resolution using diagnostic information.
Desirable Qualification: Experience with enterprise hardware systems such as:
1. Mainframes (i.e. IBM-z-Series), Minis (i.e. IBM i-series); and,
2. Blade Servers and the associated operating systems (i.e. IBM z-OS, CICS, Cobol, VTAM, JCL, Linux, VMware, Windows Server, and Solaris).
Substitutions Allowed :
1) Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or in another major which included completion of course work comparable to a major in computer science may be substituted for six (6) months of the required Specialized Experience.
2) Partial completion of a master’s degree program in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted on a month-for-month basis up to a maximum of one (1) year for the required Specialized Experience.
3) Possession of a master’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one and one-half (1½) years of the required Specialized Experience.
4) Possession of a Ph.D. in computer science from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two and one-half (2½) years of the required Specialized Experience.
Transcripts : You must submit at least a copy of your official transcripts at the time of application. If you are selected, we will need an original official transcript (not a copy) indicating the completion of any required coursework and the awarding of the appropriate degree(s). You may attach, mail, or walk-in your documents to the Hawaii State Judiciary, Human Resources, 426 Queen Street, First Floor, Honolulu, HI 96813-2902.
Hawaii State Judiciary - 17 months ago