TITLE (REQ ID):|
PHARMNET BUILDER* (117876)
HOURS PER PAY PERIOD:
Apply to this job
Add to job cart
Send job to a friend
Catholic Healthcare West (CHW), headquartered in San Francisco, CA, is a system of 40 hospitals and medical centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Founded in 1986, CHW is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit hospital systems and the largest private health care system in California. CHW is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. The CHW network of nearly 10,000 physicians and approximately 53,000 employees provides health care services to more than five million people annually. In 2010, CHW provided $1.3 billion in charity care and unsponsored community benefit.
The Pharmnet Build Clinical Analyst will provide expertise in the design, build and implementation of for the CPOE function. This position is accountable for activities classified within the broad categories of design, implementation, testing and validation related to CHW’s Enterprise Clinical Information System in CHW facilities.
The successful candidate for this position must: thrive in a team environment; and will have significant interaction with hospital and enterprise technology leaders engaged in planning, design and conversion activities. They should be able to demonstrate great customer service; have an understanding of project management skills; and a broad knowledge of new technology and various applications within a typical clinical environment.
The skilled individual filling this position should have a strong background in Pharmnet and CPOE including, department operations, insurance verification, Medicare, Medicaid, third party payers and commercial insurance requirements and associated regulatory and medical-legal requirements. The Pharmnet Builder clinical analyst must engage colleagues in multiple facilities, and other patient care environments to insure continuity in CPOE processes. Finally the transformation of CPOE workflow, and the modeling of system functionality and usability to support workflow will be an important part of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or other applicable clinical discipline preferred.
- 5+ years experience working as a clinician in a hospital Pharmacy Department
- 5+ years experience in business systems design and analysis, business operations workflow design and implementation, systems QA testing and/or business systems training.
- Understands and employs fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures relating to systems analysis and design.
- Strong understanding of process redesign including documentation of current state IT and Business processes. Ability to facilitate future state workshops with end users.
- Knowledge of business operations and in-house business systems required.
- Ability to understand IT projects and concepts as they relate to high-level business objectives, and ability to present those concepts to both IT and non-IT audiences in a concise and easily understandable manner.
- Strong knowledge of MS programs e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and VISIO
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Possess thorough understanding of business analysis techniques and tools.
- Proven abilities in problem management, process analysis and root cause analysis.
- Identification with and support of the Mission and Values of Catholic Healthcare West and its Sponsors.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines.
Significant travel will be required to IT Corporate Operations in Phoenix and various CHW hospitals. Travel may occupy as much as 60% to 80% of the time spent in this position.
Dignity Health - 21 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...