Under the direction theIT Manager, will assist in the support and maintenance of the overall technical infrastructure and end-user computing environment for all offices on the AMT campus. This role provides hands on operational support for the IT infrastructure and Help Desk functions, and will provide end user support for all personal computers and applications.
The successful candidate will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Will be the first point of contact with End Users for daily issues and their resolution using troubleshooting, problem solving, and utilizing best practices to resolve support issues.
• Strive to improve the quality, availability and reliability of local systems in Daily operation and job Process.
• Utilize knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help plan and install hardware and internal networks as required.
• Assist IT team in configurations and implementations of all server, desktop and network hardware.
• Help test and evaluate network systems and servers to eliminate problems and make improvements.
• Participate in project phase reviews, evaluating requirements, implementation plans in terms of compliance to the operational standards.
• Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
• Recommend and schedule repair.
• Provide support for local and remote systems including problem diagnosis and end user support.
Experience in the following technologies is desirable:
• Windows XP/ Windows 7/ Server 2003 / Server 2008
• PC Imaging
• Microsoft Office Suites
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Virtual PC’s
• Microsoft Hyper-V
• Printer management
• Web Development
• Group Policy
• Distributed File Systems
The successful candidate will have anAssociate’s Degree in computing or higher, a related field or equivalent experience. Microsoft Certification desirable.Programming / scripting skills a strong plus. At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Has an understanding of Engineering concepts and practice of Networking and Infrastructure. Operational PC support and help desk that shows proven ability to function as a team oriented person with results in problem solving daily IT Issues. Good technical analytical and development skills in Server Management, PC Support and Networking area. Knowledge of PC and OS system hardware.Ability to troubleshoot.A logical thinker with good planning knowledge.Must understand procedural practices in an IT environment. Good business knowledge and understanding interactions with other Organizational Groups and the leaders within those groups.
Senior Aerospace AMT - 14 months ago