Why John Deere
More power. Lower emissions. Record-setting fuel efficiency. Cleaner air. You make it happen as an employee of John Deere Power Systems. It takes groundbreaking powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs and environmental regulations of tomorrow. You’ll meet these challenges as part of a global team working together to integrate engines, drivetrain components and electronics into machines that are worth more than the sum of their parts.
Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills—all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere product engineering team.
As the Engine Systems Integration-Team Lead for John Deere Power Systems (JDPS) located in Waterloo, IA, you will lead the Systems Integration team focused on developing, verifying and validating technical requirements that enable hardware and embedded controls development for the Power Unit System. In this position you will have the opportunity to lead and provide the following:
- Lead the Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSysE) initiative within JDPS and support its deployment within the broader Deere enterprise.
- Lead the development and deployment of processes and tools to enable the accelerated development of physical systems through Behavioral Modeling and Simulation.
- Provide guidance and prioritization for engine, after-treatment and controls model development.
- Define performance, emissions and control systems requirements and interface requirements.
- Engine and after-treatment performance and emissions trade-off and optimization analyses.
- Vehicle-level performance optimization and trade-offs analyses.
- Systems Engineering Modeling and Simulation.
- System architecture modeling in SysML.
- Requirements and specifications management.
- Multi-domain trade-off and optimization analyses to ensure program goals are met: performance, design, manufacturing, cost, vehicle integration, etc.
- Guidance and arbitration for resolution of system level development issues.
- Lead collaborative MBSysE effort within Engine Engineering
- Controls, engine and after-treatment analyses, performance and emissions development and calibrations and with vehicle partners to successfully achieve product objectives .
- Plan and coordinate execution of system simulations.
- Reporting of results and dissemination of system and interface requirements to various hardware and controls development teams within Engine Engineering and vehicle partner engineering groups.
What It Takes
We need an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, related discipline or equivalent work experience. We also require:
- Minimum of 7 years experience or more with Engine, Aftertreatment and Control systems, with emphasis on performance, emissions and controls development.
- 4 years or more experience with Matlab and Simulink.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated experience influencing others without direct authority.
- Expertise in Systems Engineering principles, tools and techniques.
A strong candidate will also have an advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, related discipline and Systems Engineering certification or accredited program.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package .
Can you imagine the challenge of a lifetime and a rewards package that makes it all worthwhile?
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but responsive to...