Entry-Level technician who performs routine laboratory work requiring application of scientific principles, techniques and procedures. Uses basic judgment skills in making preliminary selections of materials, products and technical alternatives. Typical assignments include running routine sample analyses, problem-solving, and technical support for the operation and maintenance of company assets. Performs using safe laboratory practices and works under the technical leadership of others.
- Assist in making recommendations and implementing solutions
- Performing routine laboratory analyses using procedures
- Communicates clear, concise results and corrective actions
- Keep up to date on current technology
- Perform or assist in the routine design, troubleshooting, and maintenance of equipment, and instrumentation
- Perform or assist in the routine monitoring and testing of system performance by data collection or laboratory testing
About DTE Energy
- Associate’s degree, technical diploma or two years of a four-year formal program in the relevant discipline e.g., Science, Engineering, chemistry, computers
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in computer applications applicable to specific work field/discipline
- Ability to understand and work with technical documents e.g., specifications, Engineering calculations, laboratory procedures, Power Plant Orders,.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with people at all levels both within and outside the company.
- Complete tasks on schedule.
- Demonstrate safe and environmental work practices.
- Knowledge of Engineering or science, design, operation, and maintenance of analytical instruments.
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Warren Service Center
7940 Livernois Ave
Is this position covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement?
Skills Testing Required
This position is a Department of Transportation (DOT) covered position and must pass DOT drug screen and is subject to random drug testing.
NERC-CIP Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access (cyber and/or physical) to NERC-CIP (North American Electric Reliability Corp. — Critical Infrastructure Protection Cyber Security Standards) controlled assets or documents?
CFATS Authorization: This position will require authorized unescorted access to restricted areas and/or access to critical assets of a CFATS (Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards) designated High Risk Chemical Facility?
Detroit's economy may be lackluster, but DTE Energy still provides a reliable spark. The holding company's main subsidiary,...