Provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability to the server environments. Contribute to the IT infrastructure design and leading in server implementations.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 2+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience a plus.
System administration experience on Hypervisors platform. Fundamental understanding of clustering concepts, storage, networking, backup solutions, patching, and other virtualization technologies.
• Contribute in the technical support of the Centene server environment and the applications residing on these servers.
• Audit system resources and take action as deemed necessary by the Senior/Lead Systems Engineer’s.
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
• Responsible for schedule, test, and implement enhancements or new releases of the server Operating Systems.
• Work with senior/lead system engineers to solve complex issues.
• Work with senior/lead system engineers to understand and implement IT infrastructure designs and rollouts.
SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER
Provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability and optimization of the Centene server environments. Design and implement the infrastructure and services to meet the business goals.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
System administration experience on Hypervisors platform. Advanced understanding of clustering concepts, storage, networking, backup solutions, patching, and other virtualization technologies.
• Provide technical support for the Centene Server environment and associated applications.
• Perform daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the server environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions.
• Responsible for maintenance of the operating systems on all Corporate servers, end user support, monitoring system usage and performance, patching, management of backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, process automation, server installation/configuration, and third-party application support including installations and configurations.
• Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs.
• Review operational and organizational changes, assess how these changes will affect the server environment and incorporate the changes into the system architecture, as needed.
• Coordinate, test, and implement all enhancements or new releases of the Operating Systems and business critical software.
• Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of applications and system resources.
Centene Corporation - 18 months ago
Centene is sensitive to the needs of individuals and families enrolled in government-assisted health programs. The company provides managed...