Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
Do you want to be a part of a growing company with a strong commitment to ethics? Are quality and professionalism important to you? Do you want a career at a company that appreciates its coworkers, and consistently rewards them for a job well done?Look no further! This client is a leader in the manufacturing industry. Their team of coworkers enjoy competitive salaries, excellent benefits and plenty of perks!
The Sr. Product Design Engineer is responsible for designing new products in cooperation with Sales/Marketing requirements and also to carry out the changes and redesigns of current products
as required. This person will assist Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering in bringing new products through the prototype and production process.
Duties and Responsibilities
on the findings.
- 1. Design, develop, and test products following the NPD processes. Manage product engineering projects within cost and time requirements.
- 2. Plans own activities and sets objectives with subordinates so that goals are met.
- 3. Provides prototype and finished product designs as required. Responsible for making sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report
for the attachment. Works within Syteline and Solidworks software to accomplish tasks.
- 4. Provides product design changes as required. Uses computers extensively to produce and analyze designs, to simulate and test how an attachment operates and to generate specifications
conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- 5. Verifies specifications on bids and special orders and other projects within designated product line and as requested.
- 6. Responsible for Parts Item Master, Bill of Materials and Routing Information to satisfy manufacturing requirements for new, redesigned or special products within designated product line and as requested.
- 7. Uses Manufacturing Engineering Information in maintenance of Parts Master, Bill of Materials and routings.
- 8. Assists in fabrication and installation activities if needed to ensure products and systems
Sr. Product Design Engineer (CW)
19. Attends trade shows and seminars to remain current with trends in designing for cost effectiveness and manufacturability.
- 9. Assist the Sales department in the solicitation of new orders from existing and potential customers.
- 10. Maintain contacts with manufacturers of Prime Movers for mounting and application approval information.
- 11. Ensure that all products conform to the most recent and applicable standards, and recommends manufacturing processes that are capable of producing products that will consistently conform to those standards.
- 12. Implement and supervise product-testing programs for new or revised products.
- 13. Supplies technical information and assistance to Marketing, Customer Service and Advertising for use in publications.
- 14. Work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service departments to actively seek out ideas for new products and redesigns of existing products.
- 15. Researches, specifies and approves all non-standard purchased components and assists Purchasing with procurement of said components within designated product line and as requested.
- 16. Responsible for all drawing information and accuracy within designated product line and as requested. Assist technical illustration in creation and maintenance of product manuals.
- 17. Responsible for all product safety related issues within designated product line and as requested.
- 18. Processes engineering change orders relating to design changes, electrical changes and hydraulic changes.
20. Follow company safety practices and procedures to contribute to a safe environment.
21. Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Engineering Team Leader, as required.
22. Assumes the Engineering Team Leader duties as requested, in his/her absence.
23. Mentors and inspires engineering team members in the performance of their duties. Sr. Product Design Engineer (CW)
Construction equipment Group as a Product Design Engineer. A minimum of four years' prior work experience in a manufacturing or field service environment. Hydraulic and electrical design and
- Must have experience with 3d software - Solidworks or any other 3d modeling software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably in Industrial, Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four year college, or five or more years of direct experience with
analysis in a construction or agricultural environment preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
High quantitative aptitude and analytical capability; excellent formal and informal communication skills, both in verbal and written form;
Find out more about us by visiting www.volt.com.
Volt is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volt Workforce Solutions - 2 years ago
A jolt from Volt can discharge your personnel needs. Volt Information Sciences generates most of its sales by offering temporary and...