Holy Names University
Nestled in the hills overlooking the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area, Holy Names University is the oldest Catholic University in the East Bay and one of the most diverse universities in the United States. A coeducational, liberal arts institution of about 1,300 total students, HNU offers the degrees of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music, Master of Arts, Master of Business Administration, Master of Education, Master of Music, and Master of Science in Nursing. Holy Names University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
POSITION AND DUTIES
The Instructional Technologist will work collaboratively with faculty to foster effective teaching and learning experiences through the effective use of technology, content development, and course design. This position will assist faculty with course design and development, including the integration of web-based multimedia components (graphics, audio, video, and animation) in creating, modifying, and adapting instructional materials for use in online and/or hybrid courses and programs. The instructional Technologist will provide guidance to faculty in serving the instructional needs of diverse learners; apply theory and put it into practice with an in-depth understanding of the professional field; and participate in the institutional planning processes to promote innovation and improvement in teaching methodologies.
The position requires substantial collaboration and coordination with the instructional design and content production staff of the University’s LMS, Blackboard, and possible integration with the University’s ERP, Blackbaud.
• Master's degree in instructional design and/or educational technology, preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 2-years of instructional design experience using Blackboard, or other courseware.
• Demonstrated competency in web-related technologies, including HTML and CSS
• Experience with multimedia development tools (e.g. Flash, etc.) in an educational environment.
• Experience with collaborative desktop technologies, including: streaming video, video/audio conferencing, and desktop sharing.
• Teaching experience at the college or university level with experience teaching/learning in an online course.
• Proven ability to work with faculty and staff at all levels of technical proficiency.
• Excellent visual, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with diverse users.
• This position may require a background screen. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
• This is a regular, full-time, exempt position reporting to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Applicants must submit the Holy Names University Employment Application to be considered for a position. Submissions without the Employment Application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed until all information is received.
Visit: http://www.hnu.edu/communityVisitors/employment to download the Employment Application. After you have downloaded and completed the application, save and/or print the file and include it with your application materials.
The preferred method for submitting your application materials is via firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about Holy Names University, visit www.hnu.edu
Holy Names University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- 21 months ago - save job