The Information Technology Department of Arnold & Porter LLP has an opening for an Information Security Engineer in the Washington, DC office. The IS Engineer is responsible for the implementation, administration, and the use of the Firm's information security systems, policies, and procedures. Responsibilities include: Working closely with departments and the Director of Information Risk Management to develop and implement standard policies and procedures; reviewing and analyzing logs and reports from Firm information systems such as IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Servers, Workstations, etc,; architecting, designing, implementing, supporting, and evaluating security-focused tools and services; conducting audits of the Firm's information systems and policies with various third parties and clients; assisting other IT resources in responding to virus, malware, and other security related incidents; working with IT trainers to develop and deliver materials and perform security awareness training; evaluating and recommending new and emerging security products and technologies and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in Information Security.
- Four year college degree preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience and understanding of Windows, Unix/Linux, and Active Directory.
- Solid understanding of core networking protocols, including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, routing protocols.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in handling a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- CISSP and various GIAC certifications are preferred.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, veteran’s status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our Firm’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals and covered veterans. EOE M/F/V/D