Requirements: •Minimum of Ten years of system administration experience with 6 years or more working with LINUX using Redhat and CentOS
Responsibilities: Operations and Support:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in UNIX/LINUX is desirable.
- Experience and deep understanding of the following technologies are desirable
- Ability to work with DNS, DHCP, and Microsoft and/or Linux services and technologies
- LINUX Desktop environments, GNOME, VNC
- Job scheduler experience, SGE, OGE, and UNIVA
- Storage systems, NetApp, EMC, NAS
- Symantec Netbackup, NDMP
- NFS and LINUX automounter
- EDA Tools administration, (SYNOPSYS, Cadence)
- NIS, DNS, DHCP
- LINUX scripting
- EAD, CAE support experience
- Linux/Netapp/SAN experiance
- Jenkins/Hudson experience
- Software Development Support experience, GCC/Android/Visual Studio
- OpenText EoD experience
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide other support per requests from customers. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Write clear, concise operating instructions and user manuals to help facilitate standard operating procedures.
sologig - 8 months ago
Samsung Group is a South Korean multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous subsidiaries...