HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
Lead, supervise, and direct manufacturing efforts and support staff within the production area to ensure customer needs are met. Train, develop and motivate the workforce toward continuous quality improvement, teamwork, a positive and safe working environment, and cost effective operations.
- Maintains manufacturing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Provide ongoing communication to management and engineering on all manufacturing issues within the production area.
- Coordinate and manage material flow, accuracy and quality of work performed, and unplanned maintenance support requirements.
- Improve schedule linearity, total product cycle time, inventory levels, manufacturing effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
- Develop, implement, and maintain manufacturing strategies for production measurements and general business communication.
- Ensure the development and implementation of training plans and monitor the maintenance of training certification records.
- Ensure compliance to safety rules, work expectations, housekeeping standards and consistency of operating practices across shifts and work areas.
- Conduct regular and ongoing informational and improvement team meetings.
- Monitor productivity and ensure that staffing levels are appropriate to support the manufacturing plan.
- Execute and manage the Performance Management process for all direct report employees.
- Monitor product quality and drive continuous quality improvement activity to prevent quality issues. When quality incidents occur lead root cause / corrective action analysis with direct reports and coordinate corrective actions as necessary.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma projects.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results; keeping business information confidential; administering the system security; ensuring data accuracy and integrity; maintaining updated professional and technical knowledge; assuring systems compliance with laws, regulations, and corporate standards; ensuring a safe and healthy environment
- Complies with QRS, ISO and all applicable regulations and company procedures.
- Ensure that all personnel in his/her area is aware of the importance of Environmental Policy and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements, their roles and responsibilities and the potential impacts of their work.
- Identify opportunities and propose ideas for minimize or eliminate environmental aspects or impacts and participate in the definition of environmental objectives and targets.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree.
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of experience in supervision in a medical device or pharmaceutical environment.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.