Mobile Certification Lab Conformance Test Engineer
Job Description: This position is for the Intel Mobile Certification Lab Conformance Engineer as part of the Standards & Advanced Technology Division within Intel's Mobile and Communications Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for official GCF/PTCRB conformance testing of Intel's GSM/UMTS/HSPA+/LTE wireless modules and devices. Responsibilities include certification issue debugging and analysis of RF and Protocol Stack, alignment with product R&D business groups, planning and execution of day to day lab operations, continuous improvement of lab processes to minimize test times, establish test methodologies and processes, which includes maintaining test lab documentation such as test lab descriptions, diagrams, guidelines, procedures, and inventory control system; implementing processes to document precise workflow guidelines; installing, configuring, and operating conformance test equipment and test management systems; managing hardware and software configurations and updates; and preparing and delivering conformance certification test reports.
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor or a Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of eight years of industry experience.
- 5 years hands on experience of RF and/or Protocol testing of mobile communication standards
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP technology and its certification requirements, NAPRD/GCF-CC
- Strong knowledge of GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA+, LTE standards and systems
- 5 years of experience in debugging and analysis of RF and/or Protocol Stack issues
- 5 years experience in GCF/PTCRB Protocol/RF/RRM/AE conformance test systems
- Experience of test planning, test execution, defect reporting and following up with development teams.
- 3 years experience working with conformance test equipments, i.e. Anite, R&S, Spirent, Setcom, etc.
- Knowledge of TCP protocols and troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of test automation, scripting and tools (i.e. TTCN, Perl, Python)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
Feb 4, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 17 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...