- All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of Restaurant Manager.
To provide quality food and beverage service to guests in Snowbird restaurants and/or private clubs. Responsible for coordinating individual station and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1.Reports to work on time in the proper uniform. Obeys all company rules and regulations.
2.Obtains assigned service station from manager at the beginning of the shift. Completes daily duties before and after the shift.
3.Greets and informs guests of specials and menu changes. Meets all guest needs during the course of the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest. Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems. Handles guest concerns in a professional manner. Maintains line of communication between Restaurant Manager, Host/Hostess, Kitchen and Bar.
4.Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
5.Participates in on-going employee training. Takes part in all sales goals and incentive programs.
1.Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2.Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3.Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, Sheriff Work Card.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Must demonstrate ability to learn menus, recipes and wine lists.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in handling large sums of money in a self-banking environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task, i.e., handle several tables at once while maintaining interactions between the restaurant, kitchen and bar.
- Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval.
- Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations.
- Requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
1. Specific Shift: 3:30pm - close, Must be able to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays. Schedules vary based on business levels.
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
2. Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
3. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
4. Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
5. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.