Physician Assistant
U.S. Army Medicine Civilian Corps - Fort Riley, KS

This job posting is no longer available on U.S. Army Medicine Civilian Corps. Find similar jobs:Physician Assistant jobs

Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) is searching for full-time Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants for various clinic located within the facility. Clinics inlcude but are not limited too Behavioral Health, Emergency Department, Primary Care, and Warior Transition Battalion. These position are civilian employed with the Federal Government, and an ideal opportunity for someone looking for great benefits and a rewarding work environment.

IACH is currently a 44-bed inpatient hospital with over 25 outpatient clinics. We service a patient population of about 63,000 Active Duty Soldiers, Family Members and Retirees in the area. In 2009 the Department of Defense approved the funding for a new $404 million, 550,000 square foot facility. It will be complete in 2013. This new hospital will be increased to a 52-bed facility, which includes a new, 8-bed inpatient psychiatric unit. IACH is located at Fort Riley, which is nestled in the rolling, Flint Hills of Kansas, between the communities of Junction City and Manhattan. Manhattan is home to a major, Division One college, Kansas State University. Within a short, two hour drive, are the major cities of Wichita and Kansas City, located to the south and east, respectively.

Provider will independently manage and provide a full range of carses and provide services to patients of all ages with a wide variety of disorders. Must be able to evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients needing emergency services. Interpret the physical examination and medical record review findings and orders medical tests and consultations as appropriate. Initiate and admit as necessary. Prescribe medications approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee. Provide patient education. Refer patients to supervising physician or specialty clinics as indicated. 

631194, 649324, 929193, 954043

  • Graduate from an accredited PA program
  • Board Certified/Eligible
  • Current, unrestricted license
  • Minimum of one year working experience as an PA
  • BLS certification
  • US Citizen
Questions about this position should be directed to .