The Results and Measurement Advisor for the Governance Portfolio provides monitoring, evaluation, results, and learning support to Pact programs in countries worldwide. The position provides direct support to countries for new business development, start-up, quality of on-going monitoring, and all evaluations. The position holder understands how to measure policy influence, advocacy, transparency and accountability, has worked with non-linear complex systems, knows how to synthesize and keep up to date on the literature, and has a strong quantitative evaluation and/or econometrics background. The Advisor will coordinate closely with the Director for Governance and will support improved quality for measurement of all Pact governance programs.
While the R&M Advisor for the Governance Portfolio will focus primarily on Pact’s democracy and governance portfolio, the ideal candidate will also be able to provide monitoring and evaluation support to natural resource management, livelihoods, and health projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the country offices in the design of programs and program measurement. This includes drafting logical frameworks, articulating theories of change, and representing how the program will attain and measure its achievements.
- Provide technical support to the country offices in the design of M&E plans, including knowledge of value for money frameworks for proposals that use quality indicators and set ambitious but realistic targets.
- Provide start-up support to new projects, specifically to support the development of M&E plans within the first 60 days of a program.
- Provide in-country training and mentoring support to offices to review their overall M&E plans, their outcome measures, their data management strategy, data quality audits and how they are using their data for decision making.
- Provide technical assistance to country offices in the design of evaluations including developing terms of reference, designing tools, providing sampling guidance, data analysis guidance, assistance on how to manage and prepare for evaluations
- Conduct technical training in M&E relevant to governance programming to improve the capacity of staff at the country office level to design, analyze, aggregate and use data for decision making.
- Write complex documents such as M&E frameworks, literature reviews, and evaluations in a timely manner with a high degree of quality.
- Provide technical assistance to design impact studies and longitudinal monitoring systems that will provide evidence of program impact.
- Track governance program progress against targets (for key donor indicators) on a quarterly basis, synthesize data, and communicate to the governance team.
- Support the governance team to develop data/evidence packages for specific programs, countries, regions, and/or technical area for use in communication materials. This includes the creation of innovative measurement tools, integration of cutting edge technology into monitoring systems, and project-specific impact evaluation design.
- Problem-solve with country offices how to overcome measurement and reporting challenges to ensure quality outputs.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and foresee problems and complications and take action to resolve and mitigate them before they occur.
- Assist Pact to roll out the use of innovative technologies such as GIS, mobile phones for data collection and techniques for visualizing data to improve monitoring and evaluation practice throughout the organization.
- Advise on the development of centralized databases to warehouse key data for donors and for the organization to measure its overall effectiveness.
- Form strategic relationships with individuals and agencies within the field of strategic information and understand the current trends in the field.
- Travel up to 25% to support country programs and overall measurement tasks directly.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in a political science, social sciences or a related field
- 8 years of experience managing data intensive programs and designing M&E systems.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators
- Documented experience of conducting program evaluations utilizing mixed methods.
- Documented experience with measurement of policy influence, accountability and transparency, and local governance.
- Proficiency in SPSS, Excel, Word, and other MS Office software required.
- Experience with evaluations especially quasi experimental, theory-based, and case-based evaluation designs.
- Strong mentoring skills and an ability to work independently.
- Experience with measurement in the governance elements of health, livelihoods, natural resource management and/or capacity development strongly desired.
- Proficiency with CRM or GIS systems and qualitative software packages desired.
Pact - 20 months ago