Academic Program Director I (Paralegal and Criminal Justice)
Academic Program Director I
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
In this role you will be responsible for the general oversight, management, and direction of an academic program. You will plan, oversee, and evaluate the activities of faculty and students, ensure an acceptable rate of student retention, and ensure that programmatic and institutional accreditation standards are met. You will also evaluate and resolve student inquiries, issues, and problems, and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Company, and/or regulatory agencies in compliance with policies, procedures and legal requirements. Your leadership will ensure the proper functioning of an academic program and make a difference in the lives of many.
• Assist Academic Dean with departmental curricula review, program development, and textbook review
• Maintain departmental files to include a course syllabi master book, all course tests, quizzes, projects, and test keys
• Evaluate faculty and update the Academic Dean as needed and/or as required
• Assist in interviewing and orienting new departmental faculty to become acquainted with policy and procedures of the Institution and the Company, and serve as a mentor in the implementation of effective teaching skills
• May participate in preparation of departmental budget
• Responsible for implementation of Retention Plan and overseeing retention of students within program, meeting retention rate in accordance with Institution, accreditation, and Company guidelines
• Assist with implementation and evaluation of programs and activities to ensure that the Advisory Committee functions in a manner consistent with accreditation standards
• Participate in professional development activities and programs as required by accreditation/regulatory agencies
• Ensure overall student satisfaction levels are at 85% or greater
• Instruct classes as assigned, and fill in for absent instructors within the academic program if needed and if credentials meet Company, State, and accreditation standards for that program
• Schedule and post office hours to provide academic support to students, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed
• Participate in faculty meetings, orientations, graduation exercises, and other functions as directed
• Responsible for faculty orientation and training
• Assist in managing the registration process and Add/Drop period each term
• Ensure that all educational activity is conducted in a legal and ethical manner
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Possess the necessary academic credentials and work related experience mandated by the company, state accreditation agencies, and any other regulatory agency that monitors compliance
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory and teaching experience in the subject being taught and/or previous teaching experience*
*Years of experience may be waived at the sole discretion of the College President so long as the candidate meets the accreditations, State and Federal requirements necessary to hold the position.
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...