The Student in Pharmacy is an entry-level position and duties are designed to develop knowledge base and competency level while performing technical pharmacy functions. Duties may include: computer order entry, medication preparation and distribution, maintaining patient paperwork, forms and supplies, narcotic control, interpretation, filling and compounding prescription orders, cashiering orders, inventory management, and customer service. As part of an interdisciplinary patient care team, the incumbent will have interaction with patients, nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, unit clerks, and pharmacists.
1. HS Diploma or equivalent
2. Enrollment in the University of Wisconsin system
3. 6 months previous work experience
4. Attention to detail
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
8. Ability to prioritize and problem solve
9. Keyboarding skills
10. Ability to use computer for order entry, inventory control, billing, and record keeping.
11. Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds. Even though the weight lifted may be only be a negligible amount, a job is in this category when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
This position will work in Ambulatory Pharmacy. Must be available to work 7:00am-9:30pm Monday through Friday, every other weekend, and some holidays. Average of 24 hours in a two week period.
Contact Clare Hathaway for more information at CHathaway@uwhealth.org or at 608-262-6015.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
-More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
-Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
-Nine satellite locations .
-One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
How to Apply
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 2 years ago