The company has gone through a series of transformational steps over recent years, maturing from a collection of decentralized entities into an integrated organization and rebranding the enterprise under the AECOM banner as well as moving to a matrix structure. This presents new challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to leverage technology in support of efficiency as well as growth.
The organization is poised to lead the IT function through a global transformation to ensure a solid platform for future growth and to take advantage of the current organizational capability.
IT in AECOM has been going through a journey over the last several years. The current IT organization has put in place the structure to enable the integration of disparate businesses into a vertical integrated AECOM and advanced the global IT infrastructure and global communications. It also has implemented an Oracle enterprise environment.
The next phase of the journey for IT is to become a valued business partner that provides a competitive advantage in achieving the significant growth the company is planning. This will require expanding the IT capabilities in collaboration, communications, a keen focus on strategic alignment, and the effectiveness and efficiency of the systems and processes. This phase will require a significant transformation of the IT organization, a change in operating philosophy, and a fresh view of an optimized IT infrastructure and support team. As part of this IT transformation, AECOM requires an experienced IT professional to serve as VP, Business Technology Solutions. This role will report directly to the CIO and partner with the Global Business Line Chief Executives to define IT initiatives and investments required to support Global Business Line strategies and needs.
- Establish business partnerships with Global Business Line leaders; this will be demonstrated by a deep knowledge of their strategy and involvement in critical strategic planning processes.
- Partner with operations leaders to define IT investments and initiatives that support Global Business Line strategy and top line growth.
- Serve as active member of AECOM’s Global Technology and Innovation Council working with Chief Innovation Officer to advance technology-enabled innovation and collaboration.
- Collaborate with Global CIO, Integrated Global IT Teams Geography IT and third parties to develop and support technology requirements and initiatives of the Global Business Lines.
- Track and communicate broad knowledge of future and direction of technologies, trends and tools as it applies to AECOM’s end markets and business goals through academic relationships, strategic partners, vendors, and other resources as appropriate.
- Lead or support teams developing IT solutions (or adapting such solutions available in the public marketplace) that will positively impact our external clients.
- Enhance AECOM’s ability to serve clients by supporting operating groups that deliver IT based solutions and facilitating cross-functional collaboration and execution.
- Guide decision making on client technology requests and incubate high potential IT solutions until they are able to be transitioned to the Business.
- Lead development of global strategy and standards for BIM/CAD deployment.
- Build Collaboration Center of Excellence; define, select and support deployment of technology tools to enhance and facilitate collaboration both internally and with external partners/clients. Improve efficiency and effectiveness with new collaboration tools to continually enhance AECOM’s market position.
- Support business development efforts by proposing innovative technology differentiators to assist in capture and delivery of work globally.
- Develop and advocate for adoption of technology solutions that improve efficiency while reducing costs/improving margins; ensure technology investments achieve planned benefits and ROI targets.
- Continually mine and leverage IT best practices from all segments of the global business.
- Passion for technology and ability to leverage into value creation
- Effective leadership and management skills with enthusiastic, confident and inspiring style
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced communication and presentation skills with demonstrable experience in working with executive management to advance key objectives
- Experience in IT transformation
- Operates as team player and ethical leader
- Has demonstrated cross-cultural effectiveness
- A strong results driven leader
- Demonstrable business experience and IT leader (versus only a technology leader)
- Credible as both a business partner and an IT technology specialist
- Collaborative style that includes the views of others in recommendations and decisions
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed structure
- Ability to manage global complexity, changing priorities and conditions
- Ability to engineer and drive change as needed throughout the organization
- Communicate ideas clearly across multi-national teams
- Instills a sense of pace and urgency; maintains momentum
- Ability to see the opportunities for improved performance and act upon them
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, collaborative, technology-oriented leader and a strategic thinker, skilled in developing strategic plans and programs and accomplishing business objectives.
The individual we seek will possess:
o BIM/CAD trends, tools
- Experience in implementing technology to solve business problems in A/E/C market
- A demonstrable record of leading bold strategic technology initiatives and delivering outstanding results
- Experience in IT infrastructure and applications development; ability to understand IT and client technical requirements
- Familiarity with AECOM’s operations, end markets, clients and service offerings
- Demonstrated “thought leadership” related to:
o Collaboration trends and tools
o Leveraging technology within A/E/C segment
Other role specifics
- A science, engineering or technology-related degree with deep IT experience and ideally, a broader business qualification
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address needs and challenges of AECOM business leaders and clients
- A style that is forthright, receptive and persuasive throughout all levels of the organization
- We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and capability, including short and long term incentive programs.
Los Angeles or New York preferred but open to candidates in other major metropolitan areas as well. What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 18 months ago
AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's leading...