If you are a DC Operations leader who likes the status
quo, read no further! If, however, you thrive in a
transformative environment and are excited about the
opportunity to help lead the transformation of a
multi-brand retail DC into a state-of-the-art
direct-to-consumer facility, read on! This is an
opportunity for a 2nd-in-command who has a reputation
for successfully re-engineering comparably-sized DC
operations, and driving top-to-bottom improvements while
continuing to deliver near-flawless internal and
external execution and customer service across multiple
brands and stores throughout the country.
Based in Greencastle, Indiana, the Director of DC
Operations will manage the day-to-day operations of the
DC as well as plan and implement a comprehensive action
plan to ensure units are processed in an efficient,
accurate and timely manner, meet/exceed budgeted goals
and develop others to better handle daily activities.
The essentials of the position are:
DC. Monitor systems and run reports throughout the
- Manage daily operations and volume throughout the
day to evaluate progress.
- Provide direction and consistent/timely feedback to
active role in the DC leadership team, building
- Work with all levels of the DC and HO. Play an
relationships with all levels in the DC, various
Company departments and business partners.
on creating goals/objectives and provide guidance to
- Plan and manage DC operations budget. Work with GM
operations team in order to achieve
staffing; work with HR to staff seasonal staff.
- Create facility staffing plans for Core and Peak
Communicate staffing needs throughout the year for
and goals to all levels of DC management and hourly
- Convey daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal budgets
and build and maintain a strong, positive team
- Develop Managers on all aspects of their position,
culture and create disciplined groups that work well
communications within the team and various business
- Lead, encourage and facilitate effective
Industrial Engineer, IT and Project Manager. Process
- Project Director on major DC projects working with
engineering – partner with Industrial Engineer on
process improvements and technology upgrades.
Minimal requirements are:
- 10+ yrs. DC Management experience with substantial
transforming DC operations to state-of-the-art
- Track record of successful leadership in
standards and processes
- Multiple area / shift management experience
- 100 + associate relations management experience
- Cost center / department budget responsibilities
- Strong communication and motivational skills
- Experience in highly automated fulfillment center
- Experience with Manhattan WMS preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
Charming Shoppes is big in women's plus-size clothing. The apparel retailer runs more than 1,800 stores (and related websites) in 48 US...