BlueLinx Corporation remains the leading domestic wholesaler of building products, serving independent dealers, industrial customers and large home improvement centers from over 60 locations in the United States and one location in Canada. BlueLinx creates value for our customers and vendors across the supply chain by providing an outlet for a significant portion of the building products and an ever-growing selection of distribution services that utilize our vast transportation assets and facilities, and a wide selection of third-party products. For additional information, please visit us on the web @ www.BlueLinxCo.com .
Position Purpose Summary :
Responsible for safely transporting building product material off and on trailers or rail cars and identifying damaged material. Responsible for product identification and product loading/unloading/storage for detailed finished and standard product handling.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Responsible for transporting material off and on trailers or rail cars. Stores and retrieves material (piece pick and/or bulk).
- Responsible for efficiently and safely loading trailers for transport of material in accordance with routing solution.
- Identifies damaged material.
- Documents inbound and outbound transactions.
- Performs daily maintenance of equipment and area cleaning requirements.
- Responsible for basic equipment maintenance (horn, flashing beacon, fluid levels, fire extinguisher, fueling, personnel protective equipment (PPE), proper packaging).
- Normally works Monday through Friday schedule.
- One year os recent forklift/warehouse experience.
- Safe work record and stable work history.
- A bility to proficiently and safely use forklift to transport product, load/unload trucks
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs using safe lifting techniques
- Ability to read/comprehend sales order, purchase orders, safety material,etc.
- Knowledge of loading/unloading/storage requirements.
- Knowledge of damage identification procedures and safety forklift operations techniques.