Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Candidate will serve as a Senior Desktop Support Technician providing onsite desk-side support services in a manufacturing/office environment. Supports advanced and more complicated issues not resolved by the Corporate Service Desk. Provides on-site technical support leading to resolution for all standard hardware and all software applications installed on the computer desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Experience installing, testing, troubleshooting, removing, maintaining, and supporting computer software, hardware, networked and standalone systems including peripherals (e.g., scanners, printers, mobile devices, external storage devices). Analyzing technologies relating to end-user computing and assisting in defining standard configurations and solutions; additional responsibilities will include supporting other IT support areas as needed. The security risk level for this position is high; therefore, the incumbent may be subject to additional background screening requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
After hours on call support on a rotational basis.
Willing to use personal vehicle to support multiple locations within Oshkosh, WI.
Provide timely and effective troubleshooting and support.
Assist users in identifying and resolving OS and application related problems
Install, upgrade and troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and mobile devices.
Ability to develop documentation to communicate procedures.
Install and configure software applications for new user devices using the established standards and procedural documentation.
Consistently and accurately track, update, and close assigned support requests using IT’s service-tracking software.
Work with staff and other internal teams serving as the conduit for service escalations.
Works with suppliers to establish standards and to purchase computer supplies.
Ability to coordinate and maintain inventory levels related to hardware, mobile devices, peripherals, and accessories.
Follow organization policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE
- Sound technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent PC troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in an organized efficient manner
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- A thorough understanding of PC hardware and OS architecture
- Proficiency using and supporting Microsoft Office products
- Good understanding of wireless technologies
- Associate’s degree and 8-plus years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-plus years related experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- A+ CompTia Computer Certification
- MCDST Certified Professional
- BMC Remedy experience
- HP/Dell Hardware certification
- Sharepoint administration
- Support experience in a manufacturing environment
- Support experience in a Fortune 500 company
- Mobile device support experience
- Multifunction Printer support experience
- Lotus Notes Client support experience
- ITIL Foundations certification
- HDI Desktop Support Technician certification
- MS Office support experience
- Windows Operating system support experience
- Wyse Terminal support experience
- Microsoft SCCM experience
- Kronos Clock experience
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and certain other classes of veterans. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
Oshkosh Corporation - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard