The Movement Branch Chief augments garrison staff with trained personnel in support of mobilization, deployment, redeployment, and demobilization operations at Ft. Lewis, WA. In coordination with the contract Project Manager, government customer, and supporting staff, plans and supervises work requirements of the Movement Section, establishes work goals, in accordance with Department of the Army and installation regulations, policies and procedures. This position is a 2nd level manager with 2 Subordinate leads and over 30 subordinate employees.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The Manager shall prepare, and monitor transportation requests/schedules. Schedule daily transportation to meet the needs of the units assigned to JBLM.
- The Manager shall attend and participate in scheduled and unscheduled meetings as required by the Government to provide effective communication and impart necessary information for mission support.
- The Manager shall coordinate all movement activities for support of mobilizing and demobilizing units to and from JBLM and sub-posts.
- Confirm that drivers are fully qualified to operate the vehicles required to complete the transportation mission.
- Coordinate transportation arrangements and provide service for military and authorized personnel.
- Coordinate all trips with the installation to schedule transport of Soldiers, equipment and munitions to training areas as necessary.
- Manage the maintenance, dispatch, and inventory of vehicles. Ensure vehicles being returned by user are clean and re-fueled.
- Assists departments in developing their short and long range organizational structures and related strategic staffing plans; maintains current organization charts and staffing spreadsheets for each division.
- Provides and/or coordinates management and general employee development. Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- High School Diploma, Preferred Associate’s degree.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to meet JBLM driving requirements.
- Active Secret Security Clearance required
- Two years managerial experience required.
- Must have the ability to work at an accelerated pace.
- Must be familiar with operations and mobilization procedures.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office automation.
- Must have proven customer service skills.
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 18 months ago