Responsible for preparation and storage of all specimens and necessary documentation. Prepares stains and slides for reading by cytotechnologist or review by pathologist.
1. Prepare and maintain reagents and equipment.
2. Prepare slides and reports in a timely fashion, ensuring Q. C. are met.
3. Maintain procedures and records to meet all regulatory standards.
4. Perform other duties as necessary for efficient operation of the department
5. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
7. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient’s care which results in patient harm.
8. Attends inservice presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
9. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
10. Regular, Punctual and dependable attendance.
11. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Two year Associate Degree required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Licensed Cytologist required
- C.T. (ASCP) preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Less than one year required
- 1-3 years preferred
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Full technical knowledge of Cytology
- Computer skills
- Ability to read, follow instructions and work independently
HCA Inc - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Tampa Bay Times named Northside Hospital a 2014 Top Workplace for the second consecutive year. Caring for our patients at a consistently...