LAN Administrator Level Two
Position Summary: This is a service-oriented, technically driven Senior LAN administrator position. The qualified candidate will work closely with all LAN administrators to execute installs of customer systems into the Data Center. Position may require shift work.
Position Description: Candidate will diagnose the causal factors associated with loss of system availability from any number of sources and use their attention to detail and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions issued by ESOC and customer management in a fast paced client server environment.
Candidates will use their extensive background in Windows 2000/ 2003 server and Active Directory administration and their knowledge of SAN, NAS, iSCSI technologies to diagnose and repair various hardware and software issues in a world-wide multi-data center network environment. The LAN Administrator will work through issues associated with LAN configuration, software, and hardware malfunctions and misconfigurations and perform detailed troubleshooting and repair and escalate to or include the appropriate management staff. The candidate will use their experience with routers, switches, network architecture and TCP/IP to provide responsive and accurate outage assessments and anticipated repair timelines. As needed the Administrator will install and upgrade new or existing, software and hardware to include cabling, racking, configuring, testing, and documenting the installation to assist in the maintenance of accurate configuration and asset management databases. Candidates will routinely need to troubleshoot technical issues and work through challenging situations and document their approach to solving them.
- Eight (8) years of experience working in a 24/7 Network Operation Center
- Eight (8) years of experience administering and troubleshooting Windows servers
- Experience troubleshooting complex applications and web servers like MS IIS
- Experience with Enterprise Class database servers MS SQL and storage SAN/NAS/iSCSI
- Must have experience on how to use ping, traceroute, telnet and understand what they do and how their output applies to diagnostics; also, dig, whois
- Must be familiar with configuring and troubleshooting routers / switches / bridges.
- Must be familiar with various cabling technologies including: Category 5e/6e, fiber, Coax, Patch Panels and punchdown blocks
- Must have basic experience with troubleshooting Voice and Data services such as T1, Ethernet (EOC, EOF), xDSL, POTS, PRI, VoIP, SIP, QoS; DHCP, FTP, DNS
- •Must have experience with IP subnetting and networking which requires includes routing tables, Static/Dynamic/Default routing; DHCP
- Must have excellent written and verbal English skills
- Must have an Active Secret Security Clearance
Allied Technology Group provides a full range of complex, innovative engineering and information management solutions to U.S. Government clients including the Departments of Defense, State, Homeland Security and various civilian Departments and Agencies. For the past 25 years, we have exceeded corporate and client expectations by focusing on each client’s absolute satisfaction.
- A+ Certification, ITILv3 Foundations, and or ITSM Service Desk Certification
- Understanding of WAN technology such as OSPF, RIP, EIGRP; BGP
Allied Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Allied Technology offers the following benefits to our employees:
- Health Care Benefits
- Vision Rider
- Dental Care Benefits
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Education & Training Assistance
- Professional Association Dues
- Direct Deposit
Allied Technology Group - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard