Sonic Core Values:
At Sonic, we value:
- Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
- Importance of relationships as a way of life.
- Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
Sonic Mission Statement:
- To become America’s most-loved restaurant brand.
Assistant Manager Summary:
Assists in managing the operations of a Sonic Drive-In and assumes responsibility for drive-in operations in the absence of other management. Trains and supports the drive-in employees in order to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
Immediate Supervisor: Working Partner/General Manager
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Responsibilities of Assistant Manager Includes:
Essential job duties:
- Manages, trains, monitors and coaches crew members, carhops and skating carhops.
- Directs and assigns drive-in employees to perform all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices.
- Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Performs opening and/or closing duties in compliance with Sonic Drive-In policies and procedures.
- Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels during assigned shift.
- Monitors and maintains inventory levels and food cost control during assigned shift and completes weekly inventory as needed.
- Completes assigned administrative duties timely and accurately.
- Assists in maintaining files, records and all required documentation.
- Reinforces the importance of placing guests’ needs first to drive-in employees on a consistent basis.
- Immediately responds to guest requests in a respectful manner.
- Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
- Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order in a clear and understandable manner.
- Operates Drive-Thru window and sales register and makes accurate change quickly and efficiently.
- Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
- Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on grill or in fryers.
- Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3 minute time frame.
- Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink orders into drink carrier.
- Serves food to customers in an efficient manner as necessary when working in other Basic Stations.
- Occasionally moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs into freezer and shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
- Occasionally disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and into dumpsters.
- Occasionally cleans areas of drive-in, including mopping, sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used grease.
- Complies with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws and labor and employment laws.
- Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
- Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food preparation tools, and hands.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or required.
Requirements for Assistant Manager :
Qualifications and job requirements:
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required.
- Six months of restaurant management experience (QSR) or one year entry level retail management experience required.
- Experience running shifts without supervision
- Effective communication skills
- Basic math and basic reading skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to successfully solve problems
- Works with autonomy once given direction
- Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and all health and sanitation laws
- Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-In training programs.
- Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.
- Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking.
- Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
Sonic Corp. (Sonic) operates and franchises a chain of drive-in restaurants (Sonic Drive-Ins) in the United States. As of August 31, 2008,...