Responsible for providing onsite support to customers within a geographic territory supporting the install base per the terms of the SLA (Service Level Agreement) with PPTI. Specifically, the FSE provides remedial computer hardware service (break fix). Must be available to respond to customer issues 24/7 and service all equipment regardless of product training within the designated service area. Participate in After Hours Support Team - providing first response to incoming customer service requests after normal business hours. During normal business hours this is a function of our customer support center.
A Field Service Engineer (FSE) is an experienced technician who is accustomed to and comfortable with any range of technical issues that they encounter in their install base. May serve as senior or mentor role to an Associate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides onsite technical customer support:
* Ensures timely, professional, and effective response to customer service needs to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Provides effective problem determination before arrival; determines needed parts and documentation to minimize down time and multiple trips.
* Performs service in a cost effective manner.
* Displays professional attitude and courtesy while on site. Maintains effective communication with customer and our customer support center during repair process and any projected delay.
* Analyzes software and hardware error logs and utilizes diagnostics or operating system to ensure timely and effective repair.
* Utilizes multiple tools for remote system connection to perform remote diagnosis, repair or configuration changes.
* Follows customer specific repair procedures.
* Assesses current and future customer needs based on usage of the system.
Inventory / Parts Management:
* Determines needed parts and quantities based on contracts in service area
* Returns bad or excess parts in a timely manner.
* Manages accurate inventory count, daily and as required and performs bi-yearly physical count inventory.
* Accurately completes and timely returns audit forms, email replies, timesheets and expense reports. Attends and participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
*Accounts for all activities correctly using Field Point time reporting utility*
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Other duties as assigned.
May serve as senior or mentor role to and Associate Field Service Engineer (Associate FSE).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Bachelors degree in related field (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent experience.
* Minimum five (5) years related experience working with OEM data center hardware.
* Successful Prior Field experience, required.
* Solid technical aptitude, required.
* Understanding of different OEM equipment.
* Evidence reflecting ability to work long and/or unusual hours while maintaining effectiveness (manage being on call 24/7).
* Demonstrated experience providing Customer Service (may be internal to organization) and ability to put the Customer Needs first.
* Proven ability to work independently, while exhibiting leadership and collaboration, when working with others.
Certifications or Licenses
Not required, but A+ Certification and other OEM computer hardware certifications from major vendors such as Dell, IBM, HP, etc. are helpful.
Must possess a valid drivers license and an appropriate driving record based on the position requirements.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to read, to analyze, and to interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, vendors, customers, and/or the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Other Skills: Ability to tackle new technical problems/equipment, and resolve efficiently and accurately. Ability to clearly and concisely articulate technical information in laymans terms. Strong decision making and problem solving / troubleshooting skills. Excellent ability to manage stress and work with customers in stressful situations.
Must be able to travel to client sites up to 75% of the time within a predetermined territory radius (up to 4 hours).
Must be able to assume an on-call status position and respond based on service level agreements within assigned territory.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Manual dexterity to type on computer keyboard and operate general office equipment, such as phone, fax/copier/scanner.
* Must be able to speak and hear effectively.
* Clear vision at close, mid and far distances.
* Walking, bending, standing, sitting, reaching, stooping on a regular basis.
* Lifting up to 75 pounds.
* Frequent driving.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Office environment (controlled climate).
* Frequent travel by car, plane or bus to customer sites.
Over the past two decades, Park Place Technologies has quickly expanded to become the premier data center hardware maintenance provider...