The primary focus of the Senior Systems Administrator is to provide consistent and reliable software installations, configurations, patch management, security, monitoring and performance. The Senior Systems Administrator will work closely to support other members of the Systems Administration Team. Also, the Senior Systems Administrator will work with other technical groups to resolve issues and meet business objectives while working with individuals of varying levels of technical expertise in a fast paced, highly available, and complex environment. The Senior Systems Administrator will perform job duties consistent within safety, legal and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for initial system set-up, connectivity, software installation, patch management, security, monitoring and adjustments for HP-UX environment.
• Manage redundant high availability test, production and DR network environment.
• Write scripts to automate common tasks and help diagnose problems.
• Perform account creation and maintenance.
• Create and maintain effective standard policies and procedures.
• Ensure proper preventative and curative system maintenance.
• Work with other technical groups to achieve sufficient performance/capacity levels, resolve problem issues, and make general improvements.
• Create and maintain up-to-date documentation.
• Lead cross functional projects which incorporate diverse computer system configurations.
• Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, and information regarding UNIX to Application Development, Operations Staff, and other Corporate Employees and Management.
• Mentor and train other personnel.
• Support Disaster Recovery Plans and test regularly.
• Evaluate new UNIX Server and Disk technologies and tools to remain current with industry trends and practices.
• Contributes to departmental activities and programs by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with cross platform networking in a TCP/IP environment.
• Experience with UNIX shell scripting languages.
• Solid experience utilizing HP-UX, HP-Openview, and BMC Control M environments.
• Experience utilizing Provisio, Siebel-CRM, RAS, Oracle and Anti-Virus software technologies are a plus.
• Solid knowledge of SNMP, SMTP, LDAP, SFTP, HTTP, and SMS Protocols.
• Looking for an ambitious, aggressive, and independent individual ready to contribute immediately to the team.
• Possess in-depth knowledge of multi-platform computer software and hardware.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, draw conclusions, and devise solutions to complex and logical problems.
• Familiar with the ITIL model (Key process, Incident, Problem, Change Management, Configuration Management, and SLA Requirements).
• Demonstrated effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
• Ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines.
• In order to accomplish the essential duties of this position, the incumbent should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; equivalent experience will be considered.
• HP-UX System Administrator certified/getting the certification within the first 6 months of employment.
• At least 5 to 8 years of in-depth experience in hardware and UNIX system software support duties.
• Experience in a 24x7 production environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The primary work environment for this position is an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to drive a motor vehicle, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, ability to adjust focus, and frequent use of computer screens.
FairPoint Communications reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
FairPoint Communications - 16 months ago
FairPoint Communications provides local and long-distance phone services, which account for nearly half of sales, as well as broadband...