Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Accenture, helps U.S. federal agencies build the government of the future. With 4,000 dedicated US employees, Accenture Federal Services is uniquely positioned to support federal agencies in shattering the status quo, achieving profound efficiencies and relentlessly delivering results. Accenture Federal Services is a long-time and trusted resource for the federal community. Every cabinet level agency in the United States-and 20 of the country's largest federal government agencies-have worked with Accenture Federal Services to achieve outcomes and move toward high performance.
Join us and you can help our federal clients achieve what matters most, powering the services that touch the nation every day.
The Senior Mainframe Operations Analyst is responsible for the Mainframe technical infrastructure support.
- Manage the project-related LPARs on the Hosting Provider's mainframe in conjunction with the Hosting Provider operations and facilities support. Ensure the environments are adequate, documented, and coordinated to support production, development, and application maintenance.
- Manage and maintain mainframe systems technical architecture components.
- Identify and implement system modifications to improve performance
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for solving complex problems and supporting Tech Arch Analysts
- CICS Operations, Administration and Problem resolution. (CEMT, CEDA)
- Provide support for hardware, software, and/or network connectivity problems. Resolution of these problems may involve telephone assistance or on-site support as appropriate. Maintain problem status for each problem ticket assigned according to current standards and specifications.
- Identify and define technical requirements associated with needed improvements in production and development operations, as well as the support of annual system updates.
- Coordinate with Migration Control to facilitate effective management of code transition through environments.
- Support capacity planning activities for the mainframe technical environment, including monthly capacity monitoring.
- Provide timely responses to client requests and queries and resolves client issues in a timely fashion.
- Support environment issues with the disaster recovery team.
- Provide on-call support outside normal business hours as needed.
- Provide environment assessments and advice to other team members.
- Review and assess new and enhancement application requirements for environment and infrastructure impacts.
- Assess and recommend improvements in software, systems, procedures, and tools.
- Continually broaden own technical, functional, and industry skills beyond their specialized areas. Attends training classes and reads self-study materials to increase knowledge.
- Communicates and translates complex technical/ specialist issues/proposals to client or project groups and secures buy in
- Develops people through coaching and mentoring
- Challenges existing approaches/solutions to drive continuous improvement
- Makes independent decisions which have day to day impact in area of responsibility
BS degree in Information Technology or 4 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
5 years Mainframe Environment Management experience including production deployment, MQ messaging, Endevor, Metastorm Data Integrator, NDM, IBM Hardware Software licensing experience, DASD Management, Disaster Recovery, Operations & Scheduling and Capacity Planning & Performance Tuning
5 years of experience in z/OS, COBOL, CICS, JCL, VSAM, DB2, CA7
Team Lead Experience
Comprehensive knowledge of information systems and current mainframe technology
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Professional Skill Requirements:
Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
Good attention to detail
Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 19 months ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...