Leads group, private and semi-private swim lessons to all ages and ability levels. Creates a fun and inviting learning environment to ensure a positive member experience. Builds strong relationships with participants and continually recommends classes based on skill levels.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
1. Greets, acknowledges, engages and interacts with members at all times.
2. Creates an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
3. Initiates, develops and maintains positive relationships with participants.
4. Responds to member questions regarding Life Time's programs, policies and procedures.
5. Quickly and efficiently responds to member questions, comments, and concerns
6. Provides a safe, clean and organized pool area.
Sales & Promotion
1. Promotes and sells all Aquatics programs and services.
2. Continually increases their knowledge of Life Time's products, services, policies and procedures.
3. Promotes all Life Time programs, products and services.
Financial & Budgetary
1. Ensures use of supplies follow the amount prearranged by the department budget.
2. Treats all equipment with care.
Managerial & Supervisory
1. Maintains order and safety in swimming areas.
2. Assists in enforcing club and pool policies at all times.
3. Attends department and "all club" meetings.
4. Attends monthly and quarterly in-service trainings.
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulates the Life Time Fitness Mission and Vision statements.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
Safety responsibilities include:
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- Working towards a high school diploma or GED
- Swim lesson instruction or coaching experience (preferred)
- One year customer service (preferred)
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid (preferred)
- Red Cross CPR-PR/AED (preferred)
- CPR/AED certification required within 60 days of hire
- First Aid certification required within 60 days of hire
- Complete and Pass the U Swim School Training
- Complete LTU Safety Training before first shift
- Complete LTU U Swim School Orientation before first shift
- Complete all LTU courses within first 60 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to swim the major strokes of Front Crawl, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly
- Excellent customer service skills, energetic, enthusiastic, and motivational
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationship with members of all ages
- Comfortable working with all age groups, including children
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts in a professional, tactful manner
- Ability to tolerate loud noises
- Firmly but tactfully enforce Life Time policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Ability to acknowledge difficult situations and respond accordingly
- Self starter, reliable, responsible and dedicated
- Ability to make decisions quickly and easily
Language Ability- Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, clients, and other employees of the organization in English.
Mathematical Skills- Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability- Intermediate Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high.
Primary Location: : IN-Indianapolis - IND - Castle Creek
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Life Time Fitness - 13 months ago