MWH is seeking a geotechnical engineer to support clients in the mining industry.
• Providing geotechnical support for preliminary and final design of mine reclamation systems and civil infrastructure projects.
• Geotechnical analyses and development of design criteria (slope stability, seepage modeling, rock engineering and analysis, etc.).
• Preparation and management of investigation programs, site characterization, and construction quality assurance programs.
• Preparation and review of civil construction drawings and specifications and tender documents for construction.
• Interpretation of site investigation and characterization data (e.g. field mapping, drilling results, instrumentation data, geophysical data) relative to site geotechnical conditions and developing an understanding of how site conditions relate to the design criteria, technical constraints, and/or construction methods for the project under consideration.
• Technical writing; including preparation of engineering and design reports, site investigation and characterization reports, calculation briefs, technical memorandums, proposals, scope of work documents, and presentation documents, and quality assurance of work to ensure technical consistency.
• Interfacing with Clients, regulating authorities, contractors and the public.
Field-related activities will include the following:
• Developing, implementing, and directing site characterization and investigation activities in support of engineering design. Activities may include supervision of drilling (in both soil and rock utilizing various types of drilling methods), sampling, instrumentation, and in-situ geotechnical testing; preparing laboratory testing programs, detailed engineering/geologic logging of soil samples, rock core, and test pits according to accepted standard practices; oversight of geophysical surveys and topographic surveys.
• Construction oversight and documentation of construction activities for field quality control and assurance. Fieldwork will take place in a wide variety of environmental conditions (i.e., summer and winter conditions, high elevation) and may require physical exertion. Field days can be 10 to 12 hours in duration.
• Following safe work practices and adhering to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• MS Degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Geological Engineering, or related field with 2 – 8 years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional License or certification (PE) required.
• Strong fundamental knowledge of principles of geotechnical engineering and soil and rock mechanics.
• 5 years of project and field experience supporting field investigations, engineering design, site characterization, and construction QA/QC on mining or civil works infrastructure projects.
• Technical expertise in planning and supervision of geotechnical investigations and reports, foundation analyses, preparation of technical specifications, data reports, and preparation and review of drawings.
• Completion of 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Health and Safety and/or MSHA training is preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
• Proficiency in standard office and engineering software (e.g., Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and other specialty analytical tools or modeling software knowledge).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven relationship-building skills.
MWH - 19 months ago
If it's wet, MWH Global will make it work. The environmental engineering, construction, and management firm specializes in...