Linux/UNIX System Administrator
HP Enterprise Services' U.S. Public Sector (HP ES USPS) organization is a leader in delivering technology services and business solutions for all levels of government in the United States. We work in partnership with our US Public Sector clients to help them realize their goals while achieving their policy outcomes, deliver superior public value and become more agile in delivering citizen-centric services.
The U.S. public sector region within HP Enterprise Services is aligned around our clients’ priorities and supports the following government market segments:
We are currently seeking a Linux/UNIX System Administrator for a large government contract.
- Federal Healthcare
- Homeland Security/Intel
- State and Local Government Services
- Consulting Services
This position will handle a variety of responsibilities including:
configuring, monitoring and maintaining over (400) Solaris and Linux operating systems.
Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring that all servers operate at optimum levels, The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to work flexible hours.
On-call and after hours support is a requirement of this position.
Additional job requirements include:
operating system hardware and software on servers.
- Hands-on experience with LINUX builds, configurations and ongoing support
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Performing and coordinating effective installation and performance of advanced
Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve
software related problems.
Familaritly with Disa stig hardening
other procedures related to IT.
- Plan and perform appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessment, and
- Maintain, monitor, analyze system components and make recommendations for system
- Be available for after hours / on-call support.
Solaris version 10 experience
- Red Hat Enterprise versions 5 and 6 experience
- Hands-on experience with LINUX builds configurations and ongoing support
- Must have experience with virtualization
- Perform hardware/software diagnostics.
- Strong problem determination/resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide oversight for any
- Thorough knowledge of good server and system administration principles
HP - 11 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...