Student Program Internship - Marketing/IPD-1206846
Organization : Health Care Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota
Job Type: Student Programs
3M is seeking a Marketing Intern for the 3M Infection Prevention. The target start date for this position is May/June 2013.
An intern typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in Minneapolis, MN you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
The Marketing Intern will be assigned to work on two to three projects during the summer. Projects normally cross a variety of marketing areas such as brand marketing, new product marketing and marketing communications. A summary presentation to upper management with key recommendations that contribute to achieving overall brand objectives will be given at the end of the internship.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively and autonomously
- Develop actionable recommendations
- Conduct competitive and market assessments
- Provide input into business strategic and brand marketing plans
- Demonstrate knowledge of eMarketing and social media integration
- Understand pricing and portfolio management
Location: The person hired for the position of Marketing Intern will be located in Minneapolis, MN and subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Currently enrolled in a graduate degree program from an accredited university in communications or a MBA with an emphasis in marketing, brand management, and/or marketing communications
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company
- Previous work or internship experience in Marketing preferred
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...