Monsanto has an opportunity available for a Technical Product Owner in our Research & Development (R&D) Information Technology (IT) organization. This position is responsible for directing, prioritizing, and coordinating the development of research software for a functional area within Monsanto’s Technology organization. This position will
- Work as a liaison with our multi-functional, multi-crop Technology organization
- Maintain a vision for the future of research and data analysis systems and keep in lock-step with ongoing research activities across multiple R&D divisions
- Coordination and communication are required to convey a clear vision and guidance for software development teams to implement the right solution
- Responsible for the overall success of the IT solution being developed or maintained
- Work collaboratively with interdisciplinary scientists internal and external to Monsanto by addressing emerging changes in the Monsanto R&D pipeline
- Ensure that the IT platforms continuously evolve along with and innovate within a specific functional area spanning biotechnology, breeding, data analytics, or field operations
The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact with research scientists, breeders, software developers, data architects, and business analysts to develop, deploy, and support these solutions.
- BA/BS in biological science, plant breeding, engineering, computer science, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong proficiency in decision making and strategy development, including setting priorities and understanding project scope
- Demonstrated experience communicating with all levels of management and technical staff
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biological sciences, plant breeding or a related field
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Proficient with Scrum or Agile software development methodologies
- Previous experience as a technical product owner, product manager or business analyst
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Previous experience with agricultural or biotechnology IT product development
Monsanto is passionate about using science and technology to improve agriculture. Monsanto scientists are conducting research and development (R&D) to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology. The Technology Pipeline Solutions (TPS) team within IT works directly with the Monsanto scientists to deliver innovative IT solutions that enable these research and development efforts. The accepted candidate will join the emerging field of IT systems informatics leveraging their training to play a key role in defining and delivering breakthrough science in high throughput R&D business platforms (Breeding, Molecular Breeding, Biotechnology and Compliance) for Monsanto.
Monsanto - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...