Seeking a Fire Protection Engineer in New York City. The engineer will be responsible to perform plumbing design for sanitary sewer systems, fire protection system requirements and be able to apply NYC plumbing codes, along with performing fan sizing and specifying and odor control system design. The candidate must possess strong writing skills.
Education and Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with experience in engineering and design of HVAC and/or Fire Protection (FP) systems
• Professional Engineer license is required.
• Requires a minimum of 5-10 years of applicable experience in HVAC /FP system engineer and design
• Must be knowledgeable and experienced at applying National Fire Protection Association ( NFPA ) standards and of NYC fire protection code
• Must be knowledgeable in the application of various types of fire suppression systems; including sprinkler design for industrial water/waste treatment plant and plumbing design for domestic and industrial water supply systems
• CAD Skills are preferred.
Hazen and Sawyer - 19 months ago