The Quality Support Technician (QST) is responsible for pre-washing vehicles prior to moving them into production, and cleans and details all assigned vehicles prior to final delivery to the customer. The position is also responsible for supporting management and coworkers by completing general cleaning responsibilities. The QST contributes to delivering on ABRA’s promise of speed, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Pre-Op & Repair Planning : Performs a pre-wash on vehicles prior to the actual repair process beginning. May also wash vehicles during estimating process in order to identify all damage and upsell opportunities.
- Team Engagement & Problem-Solving: Is an active and prepared participant in morning board meetings. Knows status of vehicles and helps problem-solve on getting and keeping vehicles on schedule for on-time delivery.
- Vehicle Repair : Performs a thorough detailing and cleaning of all vehicles prior to final delivery to the customer. May participate in QC process by completing the Detail and other non-repair portions of the process as listed on ABRA’s QC Form.
- Miscellaneous Support Duties: Provides support by shuttling customers and vehicles, and general maintenance of repair center and outside grounds.
- Safe & Organized Workplace : Consistently utilizes all required safety equipment and follows proper repair procedures. Adheres to all requirements for hazardous waste disposal. Participates in monthly safety meetings and utilizes information on the job. Keeps detailing work area organized and returns tools, materials and equipment to designated areas.
- Preference for some experience in the automotive field
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with customers
- Must be willing to accept work direction from multiple parties and work as part of a team
- Must maintain a valid state drivers license in order to drive any customer or company vehicle
- Predictable and reliable attendance required
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Periodic lifting and carrying objects over 50 pounds.
- Reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Able to push materials/parts carts and push cars (with assistance).
- Extended periods of kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping to detail vehicles.
- Manual dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate equipment.
- May be exposed to repetitive tasks involving hand and arm motion.
- May be required to inspect vehicles outdoors in inclement weather.
- May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, high levels of dust and noise in repair center.
ABRA Auto Body & Glass - 19 months ago
ABRA Auto Body & Glass offers more than just an incantation to get your wrecked car back on the road. Through more than 105...