Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Payroll Assistant to join our team based in Las Vegas CA. Reporting to the General Manager within the Operations department; the Payroll Assistant is responsible for personnel and benefits file maintenance, payroll administration, orientation preparation, maintaining and updating employment and benefits coverage changes and verifications in the payroll system. Works with and has access to highly confidential information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Timely input of employee information changes including new hires and terminations into the HRIS and payroll system
• Coordinates the Unemployment benefit audits
• Filing and maintaining files including personnel, unemployment, immigration, I-9’s, emergency contact, binder, benefits, compensation)
• Enters data for unit payroll on personal computer and performs other administrative duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent;
• Associates or Bachelors degree preferred but not required.
• Minimum 1-3 years experience in an administrative role required.
• Experience in Payroll or Human Resources preferred.
• Experience with Ultimate Software (Ultipro) is preferred
• Intermediate level Microsoft office skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
• Strong interpersonal skills, interacts well with multiple departments as required
• Detail oriented
• Multi-lingual a plus
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to communicate and disclose data in an accurate manner
• Must be able to communicate effectively with management team and staff.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
• Normal office environment.
• In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
• Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
• Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
• Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
• Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...