Sales Representative Position for Northern Virginia and Parts of Washington D.C. Territory
Summary: Sells products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments or individuals at sales office, store, showroom, or customer's place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, cold calls, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit specifications, orders or new customer standards.
- Keep the product sample books updated in the Architect and Design library.
- Study and develop in-depth knowledge of all products represented by MDC.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepare project reports of new business transactions and keep expense accounts up to date.
- Helps compile new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all accounts including purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems including deliveries.
- Attends trade shows.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 plus years of sales experience
- Proven National Accounts Experience
- Ability to build new and existing relationships
- Business Acumen
- Have the highest degree of integrity
- Self starter and motivated hunter with the goal of out performing the competition and raising the awareness of MDC products
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Communicate across departments with professionalism
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of government sales a plus
All interested applicants must apply online
Applicants with no resume attachment will not be considered
Our Company is committed to providing
Equal Employment Opportunities
to all employees and applicants.EEO / AA
FMLA Initial Notification