CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber-optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
Savvis, is a CenturyLink company, and is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprises. Nearly 2,500 unique clients, including more than 30 of the top 100 companies in the Fortune 500, use Savvis to reduce capital expense, improve service levels and harness the latest advances in cloud computing. By outsourcing to Savvis and CenturyLink, enterprises can focus on their core business while we ensure the quality of their IT infrastructure automation.
This position provides operational support functions essential to the sales force productivity and effectiveness. This includes support of current users of the Pricing and Offer Management (POM) tool set and metric databases.
Dynamic Request Form (DRF)
- Position has several facets which allow candidates to use both technical and non-technical skill sets.
- Position will work with internal customers to address questions regarding the tools, and perform troubleshooting on the tools.
- Position will maintain functionality related to the POM tool set and metric databases.
- Position will work with development resources to improve POM tools – providing requirements and testing output.
- The POM tool set consists of MS Excel Applications with large amounts of VBA code that integrate with the metric databases including:
Offer Management Calculator (OMC)
Job Requirements Requisite Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:Proficiency In the Following Required:
Skills / Knowledge In the Following a Plus:
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Advanced MS Excel Functionality
- MS SQL Server / T-SQL Programming
General Skills :
- Microsoft Visual Studio (2005/2008+) / C# Programming / Web Service Development
- Oracle / PL-SQL Programming
- XML / SOAP
Education, Training & Certifications:
- Understanding of telecommunications industry.
- Understanding of price modeling and financial calculations.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required to interact with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent at troubleshooting issues/understanding of POM tools process flow.
- Ability to develop productive business relationships with internal team members through cooperation, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Motivated to identify and develop solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite. Job Requirements Desired Experience:
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Bachelors Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
- Training and certifications will be considered. Company Statement CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...