Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others. This position exists to ensure that the KASH information technology systems operate in a predictable, reliable manner with minimal interruptions. This position requires an excellent understanding and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral equipment, and working with network systems. The Network Technician is primarily responsible responding to user requests and completing assigned projects within deadlines. This position requires the ability to participate in an after-hours support rotation and company- wide after hours rollouts or installations.
Essential Job Functions:
- First level user support, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware and software failures.
- Install, reinstall, or move hardware and software.
- Anti-virus : ensures software is installed, properly configured, regularly updated and working properly on all KASH PC’s.
- Servers : monitor server log, check for software patches, report errors.
- Local Security Administrator backup duties to the primary LSA,.
- File Transfers : Monitor Connect Direct and Cute FTP file transfers, Xcellenet, including monitoring sessions, create makekits, and reset site passwords.
- Audits: Completes monthly department security, VPN and internet audits.
- Preventative Maintenance : monthly workstation defrag and disc clean up
- Backup trainer which will conduct user training, including new hire, new software and user specific training as needed.
- Participates in company hardware and software rollouts, including after hours as necessary.
- Participate in after-hours pager rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Some of the behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates Effectively and Candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves Results Through Teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads Through Positive Influence – Demonstrates strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and Develops Others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads Change and Innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with Excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides Clear and Strategic Direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Excellent technical experience with desktop hardware, Windows 7 and Windows based applications.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with network hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Ability to work with others at varying levels of the organization as an effective and efficient team player.
- Ability to review and interpret technical information, analyze situations to define issues and reach conclusions.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Accept and facilitate change.
- Ability to effectively convey technical information to non-technical users, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform multiple, technical, highly complex tasks with minimal supervision while meeting established deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation, time management/prioritization and stress management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work the hours that the workload demands. This includes support for after hours and holidays.
Potential Career Path from this position:
- Other positions within KASH or The Kroger Company
- IT Operations Manager
Job Codes to be used:
Kroger - 10 months ago